Alerts will help you communicate a message to your website visitors, this can be an advertisement, show of proof, display sales, reviews, announcements and more. In this article, we will show you to add random Alerts popups to your WordPress Website using a free plugin
Video: How to add popup alerts to WordPress and Woocomerce.
Steps to follow to add Popup Alerts to WordPress
Below are the steps to follow, we will walk you through the whole process of creating alerts on your WordPress site.
1. Install the Salert plugin
We will use the SALERT free plugin to create popups alerts. To install this plugin, head on to your WordPress dashboard, plugins and click on Add New. Search for Salert, install and activate it.
2. Configure popup alerts appearance
After Activation of the plugin, click on the Salert option on your wordpress dashboard.
On the General settings, you can configure how your alerts will look like. Enable or disable the popup settings option, additionally, you can change the popup start time, the stay time, interval time, position, animation, image position and the shape of the image.
The design settings options will help you set the appearance of the popup, this includes the background color, border color, border size and enable/disable the close button.
On the typo settings, configure the color of the text that will appear on your alerts, also, change the size and choose whether you want to transform the text.
One downside of the free version Salert plugin is that you can not choose specific pages/posts that you want the alerts to appear, you will need to the plugin version to do this.
3. Create your Popup alerts
To create your alerts, click on display settings, then follow the steps below, and make changes to your intended use.
For us, we will create a Popup to Alert users of our recent 3 articles, by the end of it, we will have 3 popups showing randomly on our WordPress frontend with the following information plus a link to view recent posts:
- How to add a preloader was added.
- How to allow user-submitted posts was added.
- Add Google search console to WordPress was added.
- For the names field, you will enter the part of your alerts that will change, for example, you can add different names if you are adding purchase alerts. Your pop-up alerts will show the names in a random. For our case, we will enter; How to add a preloader,How to allow user-submitted posts,Add Google search console to WordPress. See below.
2. If you want to include country names in your popup, enter them in the country names box. You can use the field to add custom information just like we did with the Enter person names field. For our use case, we will leave this field empty
3. Next, enter the time period you want to show on your alerts, for example, hours, mins, sec. For our case, we will use minutes.
4. The next option allows you to change the Ago text, for example, if you want your popup to show Alerts with this text, User X bought a laptop 3 mins earlier, enter earlier in this field. For us, we will leave it as it is.
5. To include products in your alerts, Click on the Add Product name, here, you can enter the product name, its image and a link to the product.
6. On the display Texts in Popup, we will combine what we added above and also add any other text we want on the alerts. One can also add HTML content. For our user case, we will add; [name] was added [time], we will also include a link to our recent posts using the HTML feature as shown below.
When done, click on save settings.
Now if you visit any page on your website frontend, you will see alert popups that you just created appearing in intervals of the set time. Below is a screenshot of one of the alerts that we just created above.
As you can see above, adding popups alerts to WordPress is simple and easy using the Salert plugin. The plugin can also be used to create many custom alerts including product sale alerts in Woocomerce.